5th October 2018
Conducting of physiotherapy camps to assess and address the health of the Older Persons.
- The objective of this camp was to help the older persons get an evaluation done of their physical health status, especially related to their mobility, and be given appropriate physiotherapy exercises to be diligently followed by the older person.
- Another follow-up camp after a month is done to evaluate and assess the difference in their mobility health status due to the exercises done by them.
- The senior citizens are then asked to continue the exercises for the next three months, provided that the prescribed exercises have been of use to the older person.
- Such camps are being organised for different senior citizens’ organisations in Pune.
- These camps would be held throughout the year to cover the maximum number of older persons in the city.
- The camps are organised by ILC-I in collaboration with Deccan Education Society’s Brijalal Jindal College of Physiotherapy.
The programme is supported by Gharda Chemicals Limited.
Professor Julie Byles, Head of ILC-Australia presents on ‘Healthy Ageing at very old ages – perspectives of women from the Australian Longitudinal Study on Women’s Health, at the 53rd Annual Australian Association of Gerontology (AAG) Conference in 2020.
29th January 2021
After a successful first edition in 2019, almost one hundred participants (ranging from 50 to 74 years) started on 14 January 2021 with the free learning program Silver Starters, which was developed by Leyden Academy on Vitality and Ageing and Aegon. In 12 weeks, the participants will lay the foundation for converting their idea into their own company through online learning and coaching.
15th January 2021
On the last day of 2020, the 300th story milestone was accomplished and published on Wij & corona (translated into Us & corona). On this Dutch story platform experiences of older people during these trying corona times are shared. With this we give the voice of seniors a stage and support and inspire each other! For example, Willem (71) tells how he tries to stay fit at home and Maarten (77), who is a heart patient and must be extra careful.
1st January 2021