5th October 2018
Conducting of physiotherapy camps to assess and address the health of the Older Persons.
- The objective of this camp was to help the older persons get an evaluation done of their physical health status, especially related to their mobility, and be given appropriate physiotherapy exercises to be diligently followed by the older person.
- Another follow-up camp after a month is done to evaluate and assess the difference in their mobility health status due to the exercises done by them.
- The senior citizens are then asked to continue the exercises for the next three months, provided that the prescribed exercises have been of use to the older person.
- Such camps are being organised for different senior citizens’ organisations in Pune.
- These camps would be held throughout the year to cover the maximum number of older persons in the city.
- The camps are organised by ILC-I in collaboration with Deccan Education Society’s Brijalal Jindal College of Physiotherapy.
The programme is supported by Gharda Chemicals Limited.
On 16 and 17 October 2023, the ILC Global Alliance held a meeting in Tokyo, Japan, co-chaired by Julie Byles and Margaret Gilles. The attendees included representatives from ILCs in Australia, Canada, Singapore, South Africa, the UK, and the USA as well as the Secretariat.
16 and 17 October 2023
In June / July this year, Prof. Jaco Hoffman, Prof. Vera Roos and Dr. Rayne Stroebel visited the International Longevity Centre (ILC) in Singapore as members of ILC South Africa. The visit aimed to share common themes around socio-gerontology and to learn from examples in Singapore to establish a community for successful ageing.
ILC South Africa is pleased to announce that Rayne Stroebel has joined its leadership team as an Executive Member. He serves alongside Professors Sebastiana Kalula and Jaco Hoffman, based at the University of Cape Town and North-West University, respectively, who are ILCSA’s Co-directors. Retired Professor Monica Ferreira remains Honorary President of ILCSA.