5th October 2018
Conducting of physiotherapy camps to assess and address the health of the Older Persons.
- The objective of this camp was to help the older persons get an evaluation done of their physical health status, especially related to their mobility, and be given appropriate physiotherapy exercises to be diligently followed by the older person.
- Another follow-up camp after a month is done to evaluate and assess the difference in their mobility health status due to the exercises done by them.
- The senior citizens are then asked to continue the exercises for the next three months, provided that the prescribed exercises have been of use to the older person.
- Such camps are being organised for different senior citizens’ organisations in Pune.
- These camps would be held throughout the year to cover the maximum number of older persons in the city.
- The camps are organised by ILC-I in collaboration with Deccan Education Society’s Brijalal Jindal College of Physiotherapy.
The programme is supported by Gharda Chemicals Limited.
ILC-Israel's members have been working on many research projects. This year we have already published a variety of research articles on gerontological subjects related to the Coronavirus, stress, cognitive performance, pulmonary disease, ageism, physical balance, and more.
28th May 2021
As part of their Delivering prevention in an ageing world programme, ILC-UK are asking for input on how we can deliver prevention in an ageing world.
16th April 2021
In the video below, Arun Himawan, Research Fellow at ILC-UK and Member of the ILC Global Alliance Committee on Gender and Ageing argues that if we want a society that works for all ages, it also needs to be a society that works for all genders, all ethnicities, all sexualities, all abilities.
16th April 2021