5th October 2018
Conducting of physiotherapy camps to assess and address the health of the Older Persons.
- The objective of this camp was to help the older persons get an evaluation done of their physical health status, especially related to their mobility, and be given appropriate physiotherapy exercises to be diligently followed by the older person.
- Another follow-up camp after a month is done to evaluate and assess the difference in their mobility health status due to the exercises done by them.
- The senior citizens are then asked to continue the exercises for the next three months, provided that the prescribed exercises have been of use to the older person.
- Such camps are being organised for different senior citizens’ organisations in Pune.
- These camps would be held throughout the year to cover the maximum number of older persons in the city.
- The camps are organised by ILC-I in collaboration with Deccan Education Society’s Brijalal Jindal College of Physiotherapy.
The programme is supported by Gharda Chemicals Limited.
The ageing process starts before we are born. This article explains what happens in our bodies over time and how we can embrace our later years.
20th January 2022
Last month, UK Minister for Employment, Mims Davies MP, announced the shortlist of our international Work for tomorrow competition that is seeking to identify and award the most promising innovations responding to an ageing workforce.
14th January 2022
ILC-Japan has compiled the results of interviews with older adults in Japan conducted during the COVID-19 pandemic.
7th January 2022