Date: Thursday, 18 March 2021
Time: 9.00am - 5.00pm ART
In March 2021, ILC Argentina, the City of Buenos Aires and the Argentinean Society of Gerontology and Geriatrics organised this free Zoom conference aimed at professionals and older people to launch the campaign: “Decade of Healthy Ageing” (2020-2030).
There were more than 650 attendees and 8 hours of official educational credits given mainly for professional caregivers and long stay residences workers according to the Argentinean legislation.
The webinar was made up of five roundtables with the coordination and presentations from recognised referents of gerontology from Argentina, Spain and Brazil
Dr Lia Susana Daichman (President of ILC Argentina) and Dr Julio Nemerovsky (President of the Argentinean Gerontological and Geriatrics Society) gave a speech at the opening ceremony of this important conference, discussing the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on the Latin American older population from a human rights perspective.
Presentations at this webinar included:
- Elder’s rights and reciprocities, competences and crisis of the bonds between generations
- What happens after more than one year in Long-Term Residences and Support Models in Argentina and Spain
- Post-Pandemic Elderly People Functionality
- Present time and future challenges thinking about a non-ageist post-COVID Social Health system
- What is new about COVID vaccination? The Challenge of Reporting the Unknown
- The isolation and difficulties of the elderly to decide, in unexpected crises
- Vulnerability of “anticipated decisions” in times of COVID
- Learnings and demands of the “New Normality”
- Humanizing loneliness
- Legal Constitution and pandemic COVID
All the roundtables had room space for questions and reflections were made on all the topics discussed.
The highest authorities of ILC Argentina, the Ministry of Health and Human Development and Habitat of the Government of the City, SAGG, COMLAT – IAGG and PAHO all took part in the closing roundtable.