Date: Wednesday, 2 June 2021
Time: 1.00pm – 2.30pm BST (2.00pm – 3.30pm CEST) (8.00pm – 9.30pm SGT)
Venue: WebinarREGISTER HERE
Join the ILC Global Alliance Gender and Ageing committee for a discussion on how gender impacts on health and wellbeing in an ageing world.
The Gender and Ageing committee, established last year by the ILC Global Alliance Board, aims to provide a platform to better understand the intersection between gender and ageing and its implications for policymakers around the world.
Gender informs all aspects of ageing, from health and care to work and pensions, and its impact can be felt right throughout the life course. This webinar will be an opportunity to begin a conversation on gender and ageing and how the two intersect to impact our health and wellbeing.
Hear from speakers from Israel, Australia, Singapore, South Africa, the United Kingdom and the Netherlands as they share their country perspectives on gender and health, both during the COVID-19 pandemic and beyond.
- What learnings can be applied elsewhere?
- What does this mean for healthy ageing strategies going forward?
- Which areas should the Gender and Ageing committee focus on over the next year?
- Dr Mary Ann Tsao, Co-President, ILC Global Alliance
- Sara Carmel: President, ILC Israel (keynote)
- Susana Harding: Director, ILC Singapore
- Dr Sebastiana Kalula: Co-President, ILC South Africa
- Prof Elena Bendien: President, ILC Netherlands
- Liam Hanson: Communications and Engagement Officer, ILC UK
- Prof Julie Byles: President, ILC Australia