Date: Wednesday, 9 September 2020
Time: 8pm - 9.30pm (SGT)
Venue: WebinarRegister here
A COVID-19 & older people webinar series by Ageing Asia, The Tsao Foundation and the International Longevity Centre – Singapore
COVID-19 impacts all ages, but the group most at risk are our older people, who suffer the highest rate of severe disease and death worldwide.
In Singapore, the nation has done well in protecting the older people. Nonetheless the impact of COVID-19 has significantly strained the older people, their families as well as posed challenges to the eldercare service providers.
On 9 September 2020 from 8pm to 9.30pm (SGT), we would like to invite you to the ‘Caregiving in the Times of COVID-19’ webinar where we examine how family caregivers are affected during the various stages of the COVID-19 response to-date. Please click here for your complimentary registration.
Moderated by Dr. Mary Ann Tsao, Chairperson, Tsao Foundation, President, ILC – Singapore, Co-President, ILC Global Alliance, and co-hosted with Ms. Janice Chia, Founder & Managing Director, Ageing Asia, they will be joined by:
- Dr. Tan Weng Mooi, Chief, Caregiving and Community Mental Health Division, Agency for Integrated Care (AIC)
- Ms. Corinna Lim, Executive Director, AWARE
- Ms. Wang Jing, Assistant Director – Hua Mei Counselling and Coaching, Tsao Foundation
The session will also hear from a former working professional who is now a caregiver to her family of 10. Ms. Faiza Sanip shares with us her experience in caregiving; providing special attention to her elderly parents-in-law and caring for her son who is recovering from a long illness.
This session will delve deeper into:
- How caregivers fare during this pandemic, especially when they are devoid of help from services, family and friends?
- How caregivers – especially women caregivers – cope with extra household responsibilities when all family members in the household are staying in?
- What new interventions could be adopted to support caregiver’s mental and physical well-being?
- What support could caregivers look out for to better prepare them in the event of another lockdown?
As gratifying as it may be, caregiving under even normal circumstances can be challenging. We hope you could join us to discuss caregiving in the times of COVID-19.
The ‘Caregiving in the Times of COVID-19’ webinar is the first session of the three-part ‘COVID-19 & Older People’ series co-organised by Ageing Asia, the Tsao Foundation and the International Longevity Centre – Singapore. This series aims to examine the impact of COVID-19, specifically how policy measures, changes in service delivery and community response affect the well-being of older people and the people around them.
The ‘COVID-19 & Older People’ webinar series is a collaboration on COVID-19 Intelligence | A Step Towards Ageing Asia 2020: World Ageing Festival (The hybrid edition).