15th August 2016
On Wednesday 9th November, ILC-UK will be holding its second Future of Ageing Conference featuring both UK and international speakers.
Our first conference, described by one delegate as ‘one of the best conferences I have ever attended’, was held in November 2015. The conference assembled experts from the fields of health, housing, finance and business to identify the challenges and opportunities posed by an ageing society.
The 2016 conference will take place at Central Hall Westminster, Storey's Gate, London, SW1H 9NH, UK, on Wednesday 9th November and we expected to welcome over 200 delegates made up of business leaders; charity sector experts; public sector decision makers; local authority staff; academics; and senior journalists.
Confirmed speakers for the 2016 ILC-UK Future of Ageing conference include:
- Dr Islene Araujo de Carvalho, Senior Policy and Strategy Adviser, Department of Ageing and Life Course, WHO
- John Cridland CBE, Head of the Independent State Pension Age Review
- The Rt Rev. and the Rt Hon. the Lord Carey of Clifton, Archbishop of Canterbury 1991-2002
- The Rt Hon Stephen Dorrell, Chair, NHS Confederation
- Professor Sarah Harper, Director, Oxford Institute of Population Ageing
- Dr Margaret McCartney, Author and Broadcaster
- John Pullinger CB, National Statistician, UK Statistics Authority
- David Sinclair, Director, ILC-UK
- Jonathan Stevens, Senior Vice President, Thought Leadership, AARP Linda Woodall, Director of Life Insurance and Financial Advice, and sponsor of the Ageing Population project, Financial Conduct Authority
Early Bird tickets are currently available until the end of August 2016 when the tickets will increase to the full rate.
For more information about the conference, sponsorship opportunities and to purchase conference tickets, please visit the link below:
The Future of Ageing 2016
"Let the elderly be included, they matter" is the message that Tineke Abma would like to convey. On Friday, June 23, she delivered her inaugural lecture 'The Art of Belonging' following her appointment as professor of Elderly Participation at the University of Leiden, the Netherlands. This is a brief summary of her inaugural speech.
23 June 2023
Members of the ILC Global Alliance got together at the IFA’s 16th Global Conference on Ageing in Bangkok, Thailand, last June. Representatives of ILCs from Canada, Singapore, United Kingdom, South Africa and Australia, as well as ILC GA Secretariat Silvia Perel-Levin, attended the conference.
In the forum moderated by HLPF Chair Lachezara Stoeva, President, UN Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC), Ovide Mercredi and other participants discussed the effective and inclusive recovery measures to address the impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic on the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and explore actionable policy guidance for the full implementation of the 2030 Agenda and the SDGs at all levels. Speaking as an older Cree man, who has spent his adult life fighting for the rights of First Nations people, Ovide challenged Member States to commit to real change by addressing the SDG goals in a comprehensive manner.
10 July 2023