On Wednesday 9th November, ILC-UK will be holding its second Future of Ageing Conference featuring both UK and international speakers.
Our first conference, described by one delegate as ‘one of the best conferences I have ever attended’, was held in November 2015. The conference assembled experts from the fields of health, housing, finance and business to identify the challenges and opportunities posed by an ageing society.
The 2016 conference will take place at Central Hall Westminster, Storey's Gate, London, SW1H 9NH, UK, on Wednesday 9th November and we expected to welcome over 200 delegates made up of business leaders; charity sector experts; public sector decision makers; local authority staff; academics; and senior journalists.
Confirmed speakers for the 2016 ILC-UK Future of Ageing conference include:
- Dr Islene Araujo de Carvalho, Senior Policy and Strategy Adviser, Department of Ageing and Life Course, WHO
- John Cridland CBE, Head of the Independent State Pension Age Review
- The Rt Rev. and the Rt Hon. the Lord Carey of Clifton, Archbishop of Canterbury 1991-2002
- The Rt Hon Stephen Dorrell, Chair, NHS Confederation
- Professor Sarah Harper, Director, Oxford Institute of Population Ageing
- Dr Margaret McCartney, Author and Broadcaster
- John Pullinger CB, National Statistician, UK Statistics Authority
- David Sinclair, Director, ILC-UK
- Jonathan Stevens, Senior Vice President, Thought Leadership, AARP Linda Woodall, Director of Life Insurance and Financial Advice, and sponsor of the Ageing Population project, Financial Conduct Authority
Early Bird tickets are currently available until the end of August 2016 when the tickets will increase to the full rate.
For more information about the conference, sponsorship opportunities and to purchase conference tickets, please visit the link below:
The Future of Ageing 2016
Date :15 August 2016
In July, Dr Alex Kalache, President of ILC-Brazil and Co-President of the Global Alliance, participated in a debate with Dr Anne Karpf, author of 'How to Age' and Prof Lynda Gratton, author of 'The 100 Year Life' for the BBC World Service.
Date :21 August 2017
On June 28, 2017, Senior Planet in New York held an all-day session titled “Hack Aging.” The event, designed by Debbie Galant, was attended by approximately 80 persons. Muriel Beach led a group focused on the problem of negative concepts of aging (which Dr. Robert Butler called ageism) and won the First Place for the group and a special award, “Personality Plus” for herself.
Date :14 August 2017
Aging 2.0 brought together a number of start-ups, investors and experts on ageing at its Americas Summit in Toronto.
Date :12 July 2017
Foundation Oportunidad Mayor launches Valdivia as a Chilean centre for gerontology. Dr. Alex Kalache delivered the keynote of the event.
Date :10 July 2017
ILC-Brazil participates in World Bank Workshop on “Population Aging and the organization of health and social care in Brazil”
Date :03 July 2017