On Wednesday 9th November, ILC-UK will be holding its second Future of Ageing Conference featuring both UK and international speakers.
Our first conference, described by one delegate as ‘one of the best conferences I have ever attended’, was held in November 2015. The conference assembled experts from the fields of health, housing, finance and business to identify the challenges and opportunities posed by an ageing society.
The 2016 conference will take place at Central Hall Westminster, Storey's Gate, London, SW1H 9NH, UK, on Wednesday 9th November and we expected to welcome over 200 delegates made up of business leaders; charity sector experts; public sector decision makers; local authority staff; academics; and senior journalists.
Confirmed speakers for the 2016 ILC-UK Future of Ageing conference include:
- Dr Islene Araujo de Carvalho, Senior Policy and Strategy Adviser, Department of Ageing and Life Course, WHO
- John Cridland CBE, Head of the Independent State Pension Age Review
- The Rt Rev. and the Rt Hon. the Lord Carey of Clifton, Archbishop of Canterbury 1991-2002
- The Rt Hon Stephen Dorrell, Chair, NHS Confederation
- Professor Sarah Harper, Director, Oxford Institute of Population Ageing
- Dr Margaret McCartney, Author and Broadcaster
- John Pullinger CB, National Statistician, UK Statistics Authority
- David Sinclair, Director, ILC-UK
- Jonathan Stevens, Senior Vice President, Thought Leadership, AARP Linda Woodall, Director of Life Insurance and Financial Advice, and sponsor of the Ageing Population project, Financial Conduct Authority
Early Bird tickets are currently available until the end of August 2016 when the tickets will increase to the full rate.
For more information about the conference, sponsorship opportunities and to purchase conference tickets, please visit the link below:
The Future of Ageing 2016
Date :15 August 2016
Just and ILC-UK ‘Innovating for Ageing’ project calls for submissions on problems relating to consumer vulnerability.
Date :06 April 2018
Sensitising school children on the occasion by creating awareness on the conservation of water.
Date :21 March 2018
On International Women's Day, Rosy Pereyra, President of ILC-Dominican Republic was awarded with the Medal of Merit, the highest honour that the Dominican Government gives to women.
Date :12 March 2018
In the beginning of March, the UN Statistical Commission met in New York. It established the Titchfield City Group on Ageing and Age-disaggregated Data lead by the UK Office for National Statistics.
Date :09 March 2018
Journalists from around the US are invited to apply for this year’s Age Boom Academy, The Future of Work: New Technology and an Aging Workforce to be held May 31 – June 2 at Columbia Journalism School in NYC.
Date :21 February 2018