On Wednesday 9th November, ILC-UK will be holding its second Future of Ageing Conference featuring both UK and international speakers.
Our first conference, described by one delegate as ‘one of the best conferences I have ever attended’, was held in November 2015. The conference assembled experts from the fields of health, housing, finance and business to identify the challenges and opportunities posed by an ageing society.
The 2016 conference will take place at Central Hall Westminster, Storey's Gate, London, SW1H 9NH, UK, on Wednesday 9th November and we expected to welcome over 200 delegates made up of business leaders; charity sector experts; public sector decision makers; local authority staff; academics; and senior journalists.
Confirmed speakers for the 2016 ILC-UK Future of Ageing conference include:
- Dr Islene Araujo de Carvalho, Senior Policy and Strategy Adviser, Department of Ageing and Life Course, WHO
- John Cridland CBE, Head of the Independent State Pension Age Review
- The Rt Rev. and the Rt Hon. the Lord Carey of Clifton, Archbishop of Canterbury 1991-2002
- The Rt Hon Stephen Dorrell, Chair, NHS Confederation
- Professor Sarah Harper, Director, Oxford Institute of Population Ageing
- Dr Margaret McCartney, Author and Broadcaster
- John Pullinger CB, National Statistician, UK Statistics Authority
- David Sinclair, Director, ILC-UK
- Jonathan Stevens, Senior Vice President, Thought Leadership, AARP Linda Woodall, Director of Life Insurance and Financial Advice, and sponsor of the Ageing Population project, Financial Conduct Authority
Early Bird tickets are currently available until the end of August 2016 when the tickets will increase to the full rate.
For more information about the conference, sponsorship opportunities and to purchase conference tickets, please visit the link below:
The Future of Ageing 2016
Date :15 August 2016
On Tuesday, October 24, 2017, the Columbia Aging Center celebrates the participants in its digital narrative project “Exceeding Expectations” (exceedingexpectations.nyc).
Date :25 October 2017
On October 19 and 20, ILC-BR hosted the 5th International Longevity Forum in Rio de Janeiro. This year’s theme was the construction of resilience along the life course; a very timely topic given the ongoing crisis in Brazil.
Date :21 October 2017
ILC-I, as UN INIA's Satellite Centre for the SAARC region is glad to announce that the admission for the United Nations' International Institute on Ageing, Malta's (UN INIA) Certificate Course on "Social Gerontology" is now open.
Date :27 September 2017
ILC – Australia symposium, Session 3385 6.00-7.30pm, IAGG 2017 - San Francisco
This symposium invited researchers, service providers, and advocacy organizations to consider changes in housing in late life, and how housing affects people’s access to care as they age.
Date :11 September 2017
In July, Dr Alex Kalache, President of ILC-Brazil and Co-President of the Global Alliance, participated in a debate with Dr Anne Karpf, author of 'How to Age' and Prof Lynda Gratton, author of 'The 100 Year Life' for the BBC World Service.
Date :21 August 2017