On Wednesday 9th November, ILC-UK will be holding its second Future of Ageing Conference featuring both UK and international speakers.
Our first conference, described by one delegate as ‘one of the best conferences I have ever attended’, was held in November 2015. The conference assembled experts from the fields of health, housing, finance and business to identify the challenges and opportunities posed by an ageing society.
The 2016 conference will take place at Central Hall Westminster, Storey's Gate, London, SW1H 9NH, UK, on Wednesday 9th November and we expected to welcome over 200 delegates made up of business leaders; charity sector experts; public sector decision makers; local authority staff; academics; and senior journalists.
Confirmed speakers for the 2016 ILC-UK Future of Ageing conference include:
- Dr Islene Araujo de Carvalho, Senior Policy and Strategy Adviser, Department of Ageing and Life Course, WHO
- John Cridland CBE, Head of the Independent State Pension Age Review
- The Rt Rev. and the Rt Hon. the Lord Carey of Clifton, Archbishop of Canterbury 1991-2002
- The Rt Hon Stephen Dorrell, Chair, NHS Confederation
- Professor Sarah Harper, Director, Oxford Institute of Population Ageing
- Dr Margaret McCartney, Author and Broadcaster
- John Pullinger CB, National Statistician, UK Statistics Authority
- David Sinclair, Director, ILC-UK
- Jonathan Stevens, Senior Vice President, Thought Leadership, AARP Linda Woodall, Director of Life Insurance and Financial Advice, and sponsor of the Ageing Population project, Financial Conduct Authority
Early Bird tickets are currently available until the end of August 2016 when the tickets will increase to the full rate.
For more information about the conference, sponsorship opportunities and to purchase conference tickets, please visit the link below:
The Future of Ageing 2016
Date :15 August 2016
The first edition of the TV programme “Sem Censura” in 2018, a traditional talk show of TV Brasil, counted on the participation of our technical director Ina Voelcker.
Date :02 January 2018
The third edition of the Oxford Textbook of Geriatric Medicine, published online in December 2017, includes a chapter co-authored by Ina Voelcker and Alexandre Kalache, both of ILC-BR.
Date :20 December 2017
The objective of the event was to create a space for knowledge and experience sharing between municipalities and provinces. The opening keynote was delivered by Alexandre Kalache, President of ILC-BR.
Date :15 December 2017
Alexandre Kalache, President of ILC-BR and Co-President of the Alliance, delivered the keynote at the seminar in Montevideo. The event was organized by the City Government of Montevideo.
Date :12 December 2017
In the beginning of December, the Commission for the Rights of Older Persons of the Brazilian Parliament held a Public Forum on Age-Friendly Cities.
Date :06 December 2017