On April 19th, 2017, ILC Israel and The Center for Multidisciplinary Research in Aging of Ben-Gurion University of the Negev held its semi-annual conference. This year’s conference topic was “Innovations and challenges in gerontology and geriatrics: The effects of the Holocaust on the health and well-being of survivors and their offspring (children, second, and third generation).”
This multidisciplinary conference was a great success with an estimated 200 attendees present. Topics of discussion shared two main focuses – “Late effects of the Holocaust in the mirror of research,” and “Late effects of the Holocaust in the treatment field.”
Presenters and attendees came from all over Israel, and included faculty and students from Ben-Gurion University of the Negev, Bar-Ilan University, and the University of Haifa, as well as members of the Israel Ministry of Health, and members of 'Amcha' - a non-profit organization with the goal of providing psychological and social services to Holocaust survivors and their families.
Prof. Sara Carmel – Head of Center for Research in Aging and ILC-Israel
Prof. Tzvi Hacohen - Rector of Ben-Gurion University (BGU)
Prof. Yaakov Henkin Vice- Dean for medical Education (BGU)
Mrs. Rotem Shitrit – Head of 'Amcha' Center in the South of Israel
- Professor Amit Shrira - Psychologist: Does the trauma of the Holocaust effect the aging of the second generation?
- Professor Norm O’Rourke - Psychologist: Autobiographical memory and recall of traumatic early life experiences
- Professor Lital Keinan-Boker – Medical physician and epidemiologist: Long-term physical illness in Israeli Holocaust survivors
- Dr. Doron Sagi - Gerontologist: A psycho-social model for the evaluation and comprehensive treatment of Holocaust survivors in the Amcha Center, Beer-Sheva
- Dr. Martin Auerbach - Psychiatrist: Coping with existential questions in psychotherapy in treating very old Holocaust survivors
- Ms. Sivan Ben Ari - Social worker: Feelings of life and death in the therapeutic encounters with a Holocaust survivor
For information about the abovementioned studies/presentations or about the conference, please email the Center for Multidisciplinary Research in Aging, at Ben-Gurion University of the Negev, Israel: email@example.com
Picture: A moment of ILC Israel conference.
Posted by ILC Israel
Date :28 June 2017
The first edition of the TV programme “Sem Censura” in 2018, a traditional talk show of TV Brasil, counted on the participation of our technical director Ina Voelcker.
Date :02 January 2018
The third edition of the Oxford Textbook of Geriatric Medicine, published online in December 2017, includes a chapter co-authored by Ina Voelcker and Alexandre Kalache, both of ILC-BR.
Date :20 December 2017
The objective of the event was to create a space for knowledge and experience sharing between municipalities and provinces. The opening keynote was delivered by Alexandre Kalache, President of ILC-BR.
Date :15 December 2017
Alexandre Kalache, President of ILC-BR and Co-President of the Alliance, delivered the keynote at the seminar in Montevideo. The event was organized by the City Government of Montevideo.
Date :12 December 2017
In the beginning of December, the Commission for the Rights of Older Persons of the Brazilian Parliament held a Public Forum on Age-Friendly Cities.
Date :06 December 2017