Date: Monday, 2 November 2021
Time: 1.00pm - 2.30pm GMT (2.00pm - 3.30pm CET)
Venue: WebinarREGISTER HERE
Join the International Longevity Centre-UK (ILC-UK) and the UK Department for International Trade (DIT) for a virtual event exploring how the EU and UK can work together on healthy ageing.
- George MacGinnis, Healthy Ageing Challenge Director, UK Research and Innovation (Facilitator)
- David Sinclair, Director, ILC
- Linda Magee, PhD OBE, Health Innovation and NHS Specialist, Department for International Trade
- Nic Palmarini, Director, National Innovation Centre for Ageing
- Manfred Huber, Coordinator, Healthy Ageing, Disability and Long-term Care, WHO Regional Office for Europe
The UK has a common opportunity with Europe to invest in healthy ageing as we come out of the pandemic. Fostering active and healthy ageing with a focus on self-care, can take the burden off health systems, while allowing older people to continue enjoying life and make important contributions to their families, communities, and societies.
Both the UK and EU have made commitments towards supporting healthy ageing, from the EU’s Green Paper on Ageing to the UK’s Healthy Ageing Paper. But what happens next? How do we maximise these opportunities going forward, and build-back from the pandemic?
DIT and ILC-UK are hosting this high-level discussion webinar with leading UK and EU experts to discuss what it means to age healthily and how the UK and EU can collaborate on supporting healthy ageing.
They will be launching new papers on the economic opportunity of longevity across European countries and discussing the response to the healthy ageing challenge.
To join the discussion for free, please register here.