Conducting of physiotherapy camps to assess and address the health of the Older Persons.
- The objective of this camp was to help the older persons get an evaluation done of their physical health status, especially related to their mobility, and be given appropriate physiotherapy exercises to be diligently followed by the older person.
- Another follow-up camp after a month is done to evaluate and assess the difference in their mobility health status due to the exercises done by them.
- The senior citizens are then asked to continue the exercises for the next three months, provided that the prescribed exercises have been of use to the older person.
- Such camps are being organised for different senior citizens’ organisations in Pune.
- These camps would be held throughout the year to cover the maximum number of older persons in the city.
- The camps are organised by ILC-I in collaboration with Deccan Education Society’s Brijalal Jindal College of Physiotherapy.
The programme is supported by Gharda Chemicals Limited.
Date :05 October 2018
In December ILC-Israel held its annual conference. This year’s conference topic was Ageism.
Date :25 December 2018
Since the beginning of 2018, ILC-BR works for a hospital in the Southern town of Veranópolis, providing guidance on how to turn the hospital more age-friendly.
Date :10 December 2018
6th edition of ILC-BR’s international event takes a look into the future of ageing.
Date :22 November 2018
The Eleventh Meeting of the Economic Commission for Europe, Working Group on Aging, took place in Geneva in November 2018. The focus was on the work programme for the fourth cycle of the Regional Implementation Strategy for the Madrid International Plan of Action on Aging (MIPAA) 2018 to 2022.
Date :19 November 2018
The ILC-I awards are a salute to the dynamism and enterprising spirit of senior citizens ‘organizations, older individuals and other stakeholders advocating the noble cause of senior citizens and are given annually.
Date :18 November 2018