‘’The Celebrating Age’’ India Expo 2012, is an active ageing Retirement Expo series that was launched in Bengaluru, India, on the 1st and 2nd of September 2012 by Dr. Monica Ferreira, Co- President of the International Longevity Centre Global Alliance (ILC GA), and Dr. R. A. Mashelkar, President of International Longevity Centre – India (ILC-India).
This is a joint initiative by ILC-India and Vision India, a niche consulting and market analytic firm, promoting products & services for those aged 55+.
Events will be held across eight cities in India: Bengaluru (Bangalore); Pune; Mumbai; Ahmedabad; Goa; Chennai; Hyderabad and Delhi, from the 1st of September to the 21st of October 2012.
Each event is designed to showcase activities that the elderly can participate in to enrich their retirement lives. The ultimate retirement lifestyle expo is a large canvas of products & services spread across the spectrum, with a two-day exhibition of products & services in each city.
It seeks to bring to the fore, the core areas of concern and of importance for senior citizens and provide them with the opportunities to lead a healthy and qualitative life of dignity in the golden eventide of their lives.
This Expo, an exhibition of products and services in the fields of health & wellness; housing & retirement communities; insurance & banking; travel & leisure; vacations & resorts; second careers & recruitment, is especially appealing to the 50+ age groups along with the younger groups in their forties too.
In addition to the workshops and conferences, there will programmes that include yoga, aerobics, food stalls, and recreational amenities.
Care has been taken to stage the programme in centrally located venues with ample space, and which include wheelchair access, and easily accessible refreshments.
Highlights include Tambola; Yoga; exhibitions of goods and products for 50 plus; activities and events, as well as live cultural performances including dance and singing; meetings on Qualitative and Healthy Ageing Trends by senior officials; recruitment desks and Second career opportunities and workshops on the core issues of population ageing, health, financial and the social aspects.
Prominent personalities participating:
- Dr. Ms. Monica Ferreira, Co- President, ILC-GA and President, ILC-SA
- Dr. R. A. Mashelkar, President, ILC-I
- Dr. S. D. Gokhale, Hon. President, ILC-I
- Dr. K. R. Gangadharan, President, International Federation on Ageing
- Ms. Jane Barrat Secretary-General of IFA
Key Speakers include:
- Prof. Vinod Kumar, Emeritus Professor, Dept of Medicine, St Stephens Hospital Delhi
- Ms. Mala Kapur Shankardass, Sociologist, Health & Development Social Scientist
- Mr. Sailesh Mishra, Founder President, Silver Innings Foundation Mumbai-India
- Mr. R. N. Mittal, President, All India Senior Citizens Confederation (AISCCON)
- Dr. Radha Murthy, President, Nightingale Medical Trust, Bangalore
- Dr. Indira Jai Prakash, Professor of Psychology (Rtd), Bangalore
- Dr. K. H. Sancheti, Founder, Sancheti Institute for Orthopaedics & Rehabilitation (SIOR)-Pune
- Prof. S. Siva Raju, Dean, Tata Institute of Social Science (TISS)
The “Celebrating Age” India Expo 2012 was held in Bengaluru (Bangalore) and Pune, on the 1st-2nd September 2012, and the 7th-8th of September 2012 respectively. The expo was held next in Mumbai on the 15th-16th of September 2012, and will be followed by events in Ahmedabad; Goa; Hyderabad; Chennai and Delhi, over the next month and a half.
For more information, please contact the International Longevity Centre - India at firstname.lastname@example.org
Date :21 September 2012
Conducting of physiotherapy camps to assess and address the health of the Older Persons.
Date :05 October 2018
Since its foundation in 2012/13, ILC-BR is promoting dialogue about population ageing and its implications for public policies.
Date :30 September 2018
ILC-BR President Alexandre Kalache on how urban planning responds to the needs of older people
Date :20 September 2018
Since the beginning of this year, ILC-BR works for a hospital in the Southern town of Veranópolis, providing guidance on how to turn the hospital more age-friendly.
Date :20 September 2018
As we are now expected to live to 100, we have decided to set “Productive Aging Day” in Japan.
Date :19 September 2018